Asamualikum hazrat sahib one of friend  has a house on mortgage fir last fifteen years and he wants to do toba and doesn't want to deal in RIBA any more what should he do that take him out of this should he file bankrupcy and what he rent the apartment and go live some place else on the other hand what if break the whole contract it's ok? Wasalam Jazakumullha khair 

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

الجواب حامدا ومصليا ومسلما


In the given situation, he should make an attempt at immediately paying off the remainder of the loan by acquiring the money through a halal means. One method is to sell the house he is currently living in and thereafter seek a halal method of homeownership.
Undoubtedly, this can be a very difficult decision to make which might cause some minor complications in the future. But, since it is being done solely for the pleasure of Allah, we hope he will make it as easy as possible. It can be easily noted in history that those who are willing to tolerate hardship in the path of Allah will find that in due time Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala makes their situation very easy. We pray to Allah that he makes this path very easy for the person involved.

والله اعلم

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala knows best.

Taha Abdulkareem

Approved by Mufti Husain Ahmad Madani